Celebrate Kansas Voices: KSUMB

This was a really cool project I got to do today. Using iMovie, we were supposed to make a short video discussing one of the many treasures of Kansas. I decided to make topic about the one and only Kansas Statue University Marching Band, otherwise known as “the Pride of Wildcat Land!”. I used pictures from the KSUMB Facebook Page, which made me excited for the season that is coming up so quickly!! This will be my first year as an assistant drum major, so it was a really great video to make!

I used my own voice as a voiceover, to discuss some of the history of the marching band, using KSU Band’s homepage.  This was a really fun video for me because not only does it apply to my major, but it also applies to the wonderful state we live in. I didn’t really know how to work iMovie before this, so it was a really cool experience to be able to do it for the first time over something I truly care about and am getting really excited for! I think iMovie is a great resource for teachers. It has so many different things right there – and it is really easy to use. I plan on using iMovie a lot in my future!

Here is the video I made for my iMovie project: